Post-graduation appointments: ‘They want you!’
Once again, the U.S. military academies are well in the sights of a number of Catholic high school graduates. They include Shannon Hill of St. Augustine Academy, Ventura, who received her appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. A volleyball player and mock trial team member, she hopes to study law after her military service is finished.
At La Salle High School, Pasadena, graduates Renaissance Forster and Elizabeth Lynch have been admitted to the United States Military Academy at West Point. Forster, an honors student and All-League volleyball player for the Lancers’ CIF champions, will study medicine at the Academy, seeking to become a medic and earn her MD following her active duty. Lynch, a standout student who led the Lancers to a top ten finish in the 2014 National Cheer Championships, hopes to make the military her career.
Congratulations to all!
More from this section:
- Lauren Peters awarded full scholarship to Concordia College
- Bishop Alemany comes from behind to beat Harvard-Westlake 4-3 in crucial Mission League matchup
- Crescenta Valley Tournament results
- Damien Boys Volleyball shines in day one of annual Crescenta Valley tournament
- St. Paul beats La Salle in “mercy rule” rout for second time this season