Post-graduation appointments: ‘They want you!’
Once again, the U.S. military academies are well in the sights of a number of Catholic high school graduates. They include Shannon Hill of St. Augustine Academy, Ventura, who received her appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. A volleyball player and mock trial team member, she hopes to study law after her military service is finished.
At La Salle High School, Pasadena, graduates Renaissance Forster and Elizabeth Lynch have been admitted to the United States Military Academy at West Point. Forster, an honors student and All-League volleyball player for the Lancers’ CIF champions, will study medicine at the Academy, seeking to become a medic and earn her MD following her active duty. Lynch, a standout student who led the Lancers to a top ten finish in the 2014 National Cheer Championships, hopes to make the military her career.
Congratulations to all!
More from this section:
- San Gabriel Mission High School’s Reney Diaz signs with Sacramento State
- Bishop Alemany wins 4-3 vs. Notre Dame-Sherman Oaks to seal season series
- JSerra splits doubleheader with Los Alamitos in elite baseball matchup
- Crespi earns Division I state title; St. Bernard finishes as Division V state runner-up
- Notre Dame - Sherman Oak’s season ends with hard-fought loss to Viewpoint