St. Joseph festival set in Carpinteria
The seaside town of Carpinteria will gather to celebrate St. Joseph Church’s 57th annual festival July 11-13 on the grounds of the 81-year-old parish.
The festival is the main fundraiser for St. Joseph Church; it provides funds for the many ministries which meet the spiritual needs of the St. Joseph community throughout the year. Among the many ministries and outreach efforts is a thriving “Resale Shop” operating during the week, and a twice-a-month Food Distribution Support Ministry for people in need, including the working poor.
Live entertainment (including Flamenco and folkloric dancers, plus live bands), a variety of foods and rides and hourly raffle drawings will take place at the festival, which runs 5-11 p.m. July 11, noon-11 p.m. July 12 and noon-9 p.m. July 13.
St. Joseph Church is located at 1532 Linden Ave., Carpinteria. Information: (805) 684-2181.
More from this section:
- Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke visits Thomas Aquinas College
- Bishop Garcia Diego H.S. in Santa Barbara interviews Auxiliary Bishop Barron
- St. Rose of Lima in Simi Valley to host three-day St. Jude mission
- St. Barbara Parish’s Father Larry publishes ‘Unshadowed Light’
- Thomas Aquinas College Choir releases Christmas album