ORE offers Elementary Specialization courses, youth retreat
Two Elementary Specialization courses presented by the Office of Religious Education will be held at Santa Barbara region parishes in the ensuing weeks.
La Purísima Concepción Church in Lompoc (July 26-27) and Holy Cross Church in Moorpark (Sept. 6 and 13) will host the courses that are part of the certification process for catechists in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The programs (which run 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day) specifically address skills for catechists who serve children in elementary grades, and all sessions must be completed for certification. For information, contact Giovanni Perez, (213) 637-73410, or Alex Moreno, (213) 637-7382.
The ORE also will present “Signed and Anointed to Witness,” a retreat to motivate and assist confirmed youth in sharing and living the sacrament of confirmation by developing leadership and witnessing skills; deepening their faith and love for Jesus; and helping youth grow as peer ministers, said Heather MacDonald, Santa Barbara region consultant for youth and confirmation ministry.
The retreat takes place July 28-Aug. 1 at St. Mary’s Seminary Retreat Center in Santa Barbara. Cost is $220. For information, contact MacDonald, (805) 682-5500.
More from this section:
- Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke visits Thomas Aquinas College
- Bishop Garcia Diego H.S. in Santa Barbara interviews Auxiliary Bishop Barron
- St. Rose of Lima in Simi Valley to host three-day St. Jude mission
- St. Barbara Parish’s Father Larry publishes ‘Unshadowed Light’
- Thomas Aquinas College Choir releases Christmas album