Mary & Joseph Retreat Center to present special summer events
This summer the Mary & Joseph Retreat Center in Rancho Palos Verdes is presenting several special events, including an artistic outdoor garden gathering, and an evening of fine wines, delectable cuisine and live music.
On June 29, 1-5 p.m., “In the Garden” will offer “fine art, music and strawberries.” Local artists will display their artwork in the retreat center’s garden, where participants can enjoy fresh strawberries on homemade shortcake, and the music of the Taiko Drum Ensemble, the South Bay Strummers and the South Bay Coastliners Barbershop Chorus. The cost is $10 per person.
On July 26, 5-10 p.m., those in attendance for “At the Table” will be treated to an elegant meal, and have the opportunity to learn about fine wines and food pairings (non-alcoholic options will be available). In addition, there will be a silent auction, an opportunity drawing, and dancing, with live music provided by the Justin Ezzi Band. The cost is $115 each (or $100 if paid by July 1).
Both events will be held on-site at the Mary & Joseph Retreat Center, 5300 Crest Rd. Rancho Palos Verdes. For information or registration, call (310) 377-4867, ext. 234, or visit www.maryjoseph.org.
More from this section:
- St. Anthony H.S. welcomes largest freshman class in over 20 years
- St. John Vianney Church celebrates 50th anniversary, continues ministry
- Junípero Serra selects Thomas Stafford to lead marketing and admissions
- Holy Innocents Church to join day of protest against Planned Parenthood
- Ss. Peter and Paul Parish celebrates sesquicentennial, 1865-2015