Mission Day raises funds for Claretian Missionaries
The students at San Gabriel Mission Elementary School were hard at “play” on Mission Day. Yet even though they were working hard at having fun, their festivities raised $2,566 for the Claretian Missionaries.
Mission Day is a tradition at Mission Elementary that has spanned over 40 years. Through this tradition, students learn the societal value in contributing to organizations and institutions that are focused on reaching those who are underserved.
The Claretians — who have ministered San Gabriel Mission (the fourth of the California Missions) since 1908 — address a variety of issues including health, hunger, poverty, gang and domestic violence, housing and education, and strive to minister to and build healthy communities.
More from this section:
- Vujicic to students: ‘You’re all beautiful just the way that you are’
- Lula Washington Dance Theatre performs at Ramona Convent
- All Souls alumni lunch with Bishop O’Connell
- Fuller Theological Seminary to host 2016 Ecumenical Prayer Service Jan. 24
- Ramona Convent School welcomes peace and justice activist Linda Biehl