CYO honors coach Davies
Receiving the first ever “CYO Coach Randy Davies Award” was none other than St. Rita School’s longtime athletic director Randy Davies, who was surprised and honored that the CYO annual Director’s Award would now be named after him.
At the recent ceremony, CYO director James McGoldrick explained that Davies has inspired CYO by his leadership, embodiment of CYO values and guidance throughout his 43 years with the Sierra Madre school. By naming the lifetime achievement award after “Coach Randy,” McGoldrick hopes to encourage other athletic leaders to continue the tradition of excellence in sportsmanship.
Davies serves on the board of CYO in addition to his duties as head coach at St. Rita. Many of Coach Randy’s former athletes were on hand to honor him (some whose children have attended or currently attend St. Rita School).
More from this section:
- Bosco Tech senior to perform in 2016 Tournament of Roses Honor Band
- Bosco Tech graduate places in America’s Cup of rocket science
- St. Lucy’s Priory High School celebrates 51st annual “Home for the Holidays” Christmas boutique
- Chelsea Clinton inspires students at San Gabriel Mission High School
- Fletcher Jones Foundation awards $250,000 to Bosco Tech for emerging technologies