Catholic Charities’ San Gabriel Region honors volunteers
Individuals and organizations dedicated to doing good were feted at the recent 30th annual Volunteer Recognition Dinner hosted by Catholic Charities San Gabriel Region.
More than 200 volunteers were recognized for their commitment to serving others in the parishes and communities. Two organizations were honored for their leadership and generosity: The Giving Bank Ministry of Holy Family Church in South Pasadena and Macy’s Logistics and Operations “Give Back” program.
In existence since 1977, the Holy Family Giving Bank works closely with Catholic Charities, serving clients as a reliable source of emergency food, clothing and miscellaneous assistance to those in need in Pasadena, Alhambra and El Serreno.
Macy’s Logistics and Operations has a long relationship with Catholic Charities’ San Juan Diego Center in El Monte. The Center responds to the needs of those who are marginalized, hungry, homeless and poor. In 2013, Macy employees participated in a Bag Hunger Campaign, a back-to-school backpack drive in September and Adopt a Family in December which benefitted two single-mom families.
More from this section:
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church parishioners dig wells in Tanzania
- Bosco Tech dean presents at physics conference at Cal Tech
- Inner-city students awarded National Academic Achievement recognition
- ‘Rhythm of the Night’ fundraiser to benefit Marimba Ensemble and Homeboy Industries
- Los Angeles Catholics to build Habitat for Humanity home