St. Mary Eagle Scout candidate gives back to parish, school
Michael Loria, a 2013 graduate of St. Mary School, Palmdale, made the school and St. Mary Church the beneficiary of his Boy Scout Eagle service project. Part of his project was to build a trophy display case for the school and church conference center, a project that was celebrated June 28.
The pre-fab display case — located in the Fr. Rowe Conference Center that is used by the school and all parish ministries — was assembled by Michael with the help of his parents and his Troop 283, within a six-hour time frame.
The 14-year-old Life Scout (and sophomore at Paraclete High School) currently is working on his Eagle Scout rank, for which he must now complete and submit his paperwork to be ready for his Eagle Board of Review.
More from this section:
- St. Francis de Sales Choir and Wagner Ensemble present Cherubini’s ‘Requiem Mass in C Minor’
- Grief counseling offered for the widowed and divorced
- Dr. Ross Porter to speak on the gift of special needs children
- St. Mel Parish to host catechism class for special needs students
- Crespi Carmelite High School announces new president