St. Bede parent ed class has a ‘blessed’ day
Families attending the St. Bede the Venerable parent education program’s Wednesday multi-age class had a special day recently when Father Greg Dongkore, associate pastor, visited and blessed parents and children with holy water from Lourdes, France. Father Dongkore explained about St. Bernadette and the history of Lourdes and its miracles before blessing everyone with Lourdes’ holy water.
Parent Erika Close had brought in 60-year-old Lourdes’ holy water that Father Dongkore used in the blessing ceremony, which took place after parents and children prayed together during rug time.
The parent education program at St. Bede in La Cañada provides a side-by-side learning experience for parents and their preschool age children with an emphasis on faith and values. For more information, contact Jo Ann Gantus, director, at (818) 599-5261 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from this section:
- Grief counseling offered for the widowed and divorced
- Dr. Ross Porter to speak on the gift of special needs children
- St. Mel Parish to host catechism class for special needs students
- Crespi Carmelite High School announces new president
- Catholic school teacher selected to attend Library of Congress program