St. Monica’s ‘Disco Night’ to aid Habitat for Humanity
The Habitat for Humanity Ministry at St. Monica Church, Santa Monica, will host a “Disco Night” on Aug. 16, 7 p.m. in the parish’s Grand Pavilion.
The evening includes food, dancing (including disco lessons), a disco costume contest, a raffle and “a chance to meet a terrific family who will be moving into a Habitat home,” said Dawna Houston, parish communications director.
Tickets are $30, or $35 after Aug. 10 and at the door. Net proceeds will support the Habitat for Humanity GLA Catholic Coalition Build, a collaboration of more than a dozen Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, to help fund and build an entire home for a hard-working, low-income family. Go to http://bit.ly/CatholicBuild14 for more information.
St. Monica is located at 725 California Ave., Santa Monica. For more information and to purchase tickets, call (310) 566-1500 or visit www.stmonica.net/habitat.
More from this section:
- Immaculate Heart students serve up nutrition for annual event
- Greater Los Angeles residents wrap gifts for impoverished children
- St. Monica partners with Westside Coalition for homeless memorial service
- Fair Trade LA celebrates its 10 year anniversary
- Annual ‘Pray for a Cure’ Mass held to end cancer