One Life LA launches
One Life LA, designed as a catalyst for encouraging and celebrating a passion for life among all people, will offer introductory meetings as follows: Aug. 16 at Blessed Junípero Serra Church, Camarillo (10 a.m.-noon), and Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Santa Barbara (2-4 p.m.); Aug. 18 at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Northridge (7-9 p.m.); and Aug. 20 at St. Therese Church, Alhambra.
A major, family-oriented event will take place on Jan. 17, 2015. One Life LA is cosponsored by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Dioceses of Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego and Fresno, and the Knights of Columbus. More information will be presented in the weeks ahead.
More from this section:
- Despite objections, Calif. governor signs assisted-suicide bill
- Junípero Serra High School celebrates canonization of namesake with week of festivities
- Saint Junipero Serra's canonization an 'exciting time to be a Catholic'
- Local Catholic students witness canonization of Father Junípero Serra via live stream at the cathedral
- Dolores Mission explores pope’s words, community concerns