Bioethics conference set July 26 in L.A.
A bioethics conference, hosted by Archbishop José Gomez in cooperation with the National Catholic Bioethics Center of Washington, D.C., will take place July 26, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels Conference Center.
Topics to be addressed include the exploding science of eugenics; the terminology and language of science and politics; the threat of impending legislation; issues of public and private policy; the moral and ethical teaching of the Church; and the manipulation of public perception and opinion.
Cost is $40 per person, which includes lunch and refreshments. A limited number of scholarships (on a first-come, first-served basis) are available for those who cannot afford the whole amount but who wish to attend.
Registration flyers will soon be available. For information, call (310) 214-0703.
For those who further wish to support this effort and the National Catholic Bioethics Center, a recognition dinner will take place on July 26, 7-10 p.m. at the Double Tree Hotel, 120 S. Los Angeles St. The cost is $300 per person. Call (626) 445-8481 for further information.
More from this section:
- LA Catholics celebrate beatification of beloved Archbishop Romero
- L.A. City Council supports working-poor raise
- Eight men to be ordained May 30 as priests for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- An ‘ordinary’ person of the year
- L.A. county ‘Don’t Be Silent’ campaign supports fight against human sex trafficking